Thursday, January 5, 2012

Meeting Jesus at The Well


Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well by his design and appointment.   She didn't know she was about to meet the Messiah but recognized Him because he knew all that she had done, how many husbands she had and that the man she was living with was not her husband.   He knew her sins but still considered her redeemable.  It was by her testimony that many Samaritans in her town believed in Jesus.

No one knows me more intimately than Jesus, my Savior.   I look back on my day with shame and repentance for not representing him well.  I've had to go meet Jesus at the well.  Thankfully He has forgiven me, and I am yet loved by a Holy God.  Oh, to be more like Jesus!   My redemption is my testimony.  My life belongs to Him.    
  
John 4: 39-42 (NIV)
 39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.
 42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”



Oh, To Be Like Thee
Thomas O. Chisholm


  1. Oh! to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer,
    This is my constant longing and prayer;
    Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
    Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.
    • Refrain:
      Oh! to be like Thee, oh! to be like Thee,
      Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
      Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
      Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.
  2. Oh! to be like Thee, full of compassion,
    Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
    Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
    Seeking the wand’ring sinner to find.
  3. Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit,
    Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
    Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
    Willing to suffer, others to save.
  4. Oh! to be like Thee, Lord, I am coming,
    Now to receive th’ anointing divine;
    All that I am and have I am bringing,
    Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.
  5. Oh! to be like Thee, while I am pleading,
    Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love,
    Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
    Fit me for life and Heaven above.

No comments:

Post a Comment