Saturday, January 14, 2012

Looking to Jesus


Psalm 123:2 (NIV)
As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid look to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he shows us his mercy.


May my eyes stay focused o the Lord my God so I may see His hands of mercy, the nail scarred hands that were pierced for my sins.  May I not be so easily distracted by the things of the world  that my own hands are too busy to show others mercy In the name of Jesus.   May I keep my own hands free to serve my Lord, and do so with a willing heart. 

Presence - Kathryn Scott


Dad,
Do you remember that day at the lake, when I was so small and had not yet learned to swim?  I discovered I could walk with my hands in the shallow water, so I called out to you and Mom resting on the shore, "Look, I'm swimming!"   Just then a boy on a inflatable raft floated over the top of me pushing me to the bottom.   There was that awful feeling of drowning followed by your strong hands lifting me our of the water and into your arms.   I learned then the meaning of Love Lifted Me.   But that's another song...

Love Lifted Me - Billy Foote & Cindy Foote

No comments:

Post a Comment