Monday, October 1, 2012

Falling For Fall

Ezekiel 17: 9
He took some of the seed of your land and put it in fertile soil. He planted it like a willow by abundant water,

Howling wind arrived with the first of October.  Even now it's blowing through the branches of our willow tree, signaling a change in seasons.  I really didn't want our lovely September to end. It was a beautiful month replacing the summer I lost to illness.   The clothes I had hung outside to dry had to be brought in before they blew away.   I fear our outdoors loving dog has spent her last night outside, since she is now snoring at my feet.  The young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged about is doing his college homework.  My husband is enjoying yet another football game.  I may have to surrender to fall after all.  We are snug, really snug, actually really cramped, in this little house under the willow tree.   Still, I'm thankful.  God remains good.
Life goes on. 

"Move" - MercyMe


No comments:

Post a Comment