Thursday, November 29, 2012

My God, My Mover


Isaiah 48:17-18
New International Version (NIV)

17 This is what the Lord says—
    your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
    who teaches you what is best for you,
    who directs you in the way you should go.
18 If only you had paid attention to my commands,
    your peace would have been like a river,
    your well-being like the waves of the sea.



It's funny how just when I think I'm following the Lord's path for me an elephant wanders into the road.  Did God put the elephant there?  Does it mean He wants me to turn back?  Am I supposed to figure out a way around the elephant?  Perhaps he wants me to slow down and wait for the elephant to move.  I then get so absorbed with pondering the meaning of the elephant that I can't move one way or another.   Sometimes an elephant is just an elephant. Life happens.  We move on.  Our God is trustworthy and faithful.   He will move the elephant even if the elephant is me.  

"Surely Goodness" - Israel Houghton


No comments:

Post a Comment