Friday, January 25, 2013

My God, My Place Holder


1 Peter 2:24
New International Version (NIV)
24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

1 John 3:1-2
New International Version (NIV)
3 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,[a] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.


Dear Dad,
Do you remember how many times you told me to not stand so close to the TV or I'd ruin my eyes?  Does that explain why you and Mom went out and bought a TV so big that it could be seen from space???  Mom's still enjoying that TV, by the way.   I remember that I'd watch just about anything that came on the three, or was it four, stations that we got.  I also remember that you didn't need a remote because you had enough daughters to sweet talk into turning the station for you.  Do you have a great mansion home theater in Heaven?   I hope so.  I also hope you have complete control of the remote.  I know that you knew how I'd read the TV listings ahead of time and then give you my edited version when you asked what was on TV.  You were so kind about my choices.  Thank you.  

We didn't have many choices when it came to seating, such a big family and only so many places to sit!  We used to have to loudly announce, "Dibs!  This seat is saved!" whenever we stepped away or else we risked losing it when we got back.  (I'm not talking about that one sister, though, who always managed a seat on your lap! She knows who she is.) 

You and Mom taught us, when you turned the TV off for family devotions, about Jesus who took willingly and with great love our place on the cross.  He stayed there too holding the place that should have been ours, should have been mine.  Our Savior took the one place we didn't want saved and by doing so saved us for Himself.  It was His choice and His sacrifice of love, a little like what you did when you let me be your TV guide.  


"Children of God" Official Music Video - Third Day





No comments:

Post a Comment