Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My God of All Joy


Job 6:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 Then I would still have this consolation—
    my joy in unrelenting pain—
    that I had not denied the words of the Holy One.

Hebrews 4:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.


1 Peter 1:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,


Revelation 5:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
    be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”

I believe that unspeakable pain may truly be joy unspeakable.  I believe that burdens we bear of no fault of our own are actually gifts of God's grace.  I believe that each tear shed behind a closed door lifts a veil in Heaven.  I believe sorrow's trail leads us ever closer to the Man of Sorrows.  I believe we will never know justice this side of heaven, but we will know redemption.  I know this because when I was being placed on my cross, my Lord, my Jesus, placed Himself there instead.  Thank God I won't get what I deserve.  

Today, as I exercised in the pool, I watched a young swim teacher with her tiny students as she taught them how to back float.  Each time a child struggled they felt their teacher's hands under their shoulders steadying them.  As I left and looked back down at them in the water they were all floating like happy starfish around their teacher, listening to her gentle voice reminding them to breathe; and such will we one day be around the Heaven's throne, we who have put our faith and trust in Jesus our Savior.   Even so, we will still struggle on this side of Heaven as our faith has not yet been made complete.  Even so, I believe we can still have unspeakable and glorious joy, because our Lord is ever present, reminding us to breathe.
"Joy Unspeakable" - Curt McKee

No comments:

Post a Comment