Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Wisdom of Mr. Rogers' Mom


John 15:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Luke 10:33
"But a certain Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion,

Romans 12:15
New International Version (NIV)
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

The news of the terror attack in Boston, a city I associate with America's liberty,  is hard to watch, almost too hard, if it weren't for the helpers, those who thought first of the injured, the innocents and ran to their aid.  I am comforted that should I or one of my loved ones be victims of such horror that I can trust my fellow Americans to help.  It's part of our history and is instilled into our character.   Despite any evidence to the contrary, we are a Christian nation and I pray that we will remain so.  I also pray for Christians around the world who are called on to be brave in the face of horrors unfamiliar and unimaginable to those who are blessed to live in this country.  

And I'm thankful for Mr. Roger's mom.

"Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)" - Chris Tomlin



No comments:

Post a Comment