Sunday, June 9, 2013

My God Who Has His Hands Full

Matthew 6:19-21
English Standard Version (ESV)
Lay Up Treasures in Heaven

19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust[a] destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


This is a good quote for those times I'm lamenting (Yes, I still do.) the things lost in our foreclosure.  Not only did I lose a house, I lost things I just could no longer hold onto and even some things that were brazenly taken by people preying on our desperation.  Not everything made it from our lovely house do the little house under the weeping willow tree.  I lost that what I was too weak to hold onto.  What I've given to God, however, will never be lost.  He keeps for me that what will follow me into eternity, more than enough, more than I deserve, in hands overflowing with grace.  Grief but gain, loss but love, sorrow but satisfaction, are all aspects of this diamond called Salvation.  
These are just some late-night thoughts from my lovely house of the level path.

"Ecclesiastes" - Tim Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment