Monday, July 1, 2013

My God Who Satisfies my Thirst


It's been a hot day today so we refreshed ourselves tonight with root beer floats.  My husband has also had me listening to what may be his newest favorite song, "Come To the River" by the Rhett Walker band.  I like it too.  We are to first  lay ourselves before we can stand as a child of God.  Only He can truly satisfy a thirsty soul.  
Root beer floats are good too. 
The lyrics for "Come To the River"
I'm torn between myself and your truth
These cursed memories, forever seeping through
My thirst for myself left me wanting more
Till I found myself face down on your shore

You say, come to the river
Oh, and lay yourself down and let your heart be found
You say come to the river
Drink from the cup I pour and thirst no more

My restless heart, led me astray
To my selfish pride I became my own slave
But you placed a thirst in me with no drink in sight
'Cause I could not see till I saw through your eyes




No comments:

Post a Comment