Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ties That Bind

John 13:34
English Standard Version (ESV)
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
Romans 12:18
English Standard Version (ESV)
18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

It is possible to get along with one another!  The Bible tells me so.  I should say that it is possible if I choose to love others as Christ has loved me, even if they don't think like me, don't look like me, or act like me.  It's not too hard to do, either, even though it can feel ever so hard at times.  Just suck it up and love, remembering the One who loved us all the way to the cross.   

Philippians 2:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.
Sisters (Blessed Be the Tie That Binds) 09-23-11 Northwest Gospel Fest

1 comment:

  1. Thanks beanscot. John 13:34 is one of my favorites....Jesus puts forth no criteria for us to meet in order to gain His love....He just loves us......and no criteria or conditions are mentioned for us to love one another. Just love them.....'Just suck it up and love!' (great quote)..... Imagine what a different world we would live in if this was the case. :)

    ReplyDelete