Friday, May 30, 2014

God Sings

This is so nice to think upon before retiring for bed.  My God sings over me!  I am humbled and amazed by such love.  I sang over my baby as he went to sleep, always making sure to sing, "Happy Birthday to Jesus," "Jesus Loves Me," and "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."  To wake him in the morning I sang, "The Steadfast Love of the Lord Never Ceases."  In the wee hours of the morning, as he suffered from an ear infection or other malady, I sang whatever song came to mind; and he never seemed to mind my off-key singing; as it was an offering of love.  So I will go to sleep tonight knowing my Father will quite me with His song of love.  
Proverbs 3:24
English Standard Version (ESV)
24 If you lie down, you will not be afraid;
    when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment