Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Very Strong Shoes

Romans 5:3-5 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Philippians 4:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Psalm 32:7New King James Version (NKJV)
7 You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah
Rheumatoid arthritis has taught me to appreciate strong shoes, because uneven ground is not my friend.  So I like this quote by Corrie Ten Boom.  I am reminded that God gives me strong, spiritual shoes to walk the hard roads of life.  God never called me to lead a comfortable life, as much as I would have liked it to be my calling.  (You want me to stay three weeks in a plush Hawaiian resort?  Here I am, Lord, send me.)  We are all meted out a measure of suffering in this life but, thankfully, we are also given grace beyond measure. 
You Are My Hiding Place - Selah 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks beanscot. I can really use this reminder. Please pray for my family as we travel over some uneven ground...

    ReplyDelete