Monday, August 4, 2014

God Will Keep Your Song

Deuteronomy 11:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 “And if you will indeed obey my commandments that I command you today, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,

Philippians 4:7King James Version (KJV)
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I liked this song by Adrienne Young & Little Sadie.  It reminds me that if I keep my eyes on God, he keeps my song, my joy; and I will not lose this joy as long as I hold Him close.   When I rebel against the pain that comes with living and wonder why God allows it, I in danger of missing the precious peace that passes all understanding.  I pray that people would say of me that my eyes are watching God.  
Her Eyes Were Watching God - Adrienne Young & Little Sadie 
Her Eyes Were Watching God

To prey upon a kind and generous heart
To turn away from and leave a mark
To go too far just to make youself feel better
But you could not steal her song

Her eyes were watching God
Never felt any pain at all
From gravel to gold she walks
Shes not long for this world
Shes not long for this

To plant the smallest seed
That bears the bitterest fruit
To still believe the sweetest truth
Hold up the lie till the sun shines through it
Dont you let them steal your song

Your eyes are watching God
No need to feel any shame at all
From gravel to gold we walk
Youre not long for this world
You're not long for this

Moving towards the light
Peace follows the fight

Our eyes are watching God
No need to feel any pain at all
From gravel to gold we walk
Were not long for this world
Were not long for this



No comments:

Post a Comment