Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Yes, I'm Your Mother...

Are You My Mother? - illustrated by P.D. Eastman
Proverbs 22:6English Standard Version (ESV)
6 Train up a child in the way he should go;
    even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Isaiah 49:15 English Standard Version (ESV)
15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
    that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
    yet I will not forget you.

Luke 2:51 English Standard Version (ESV)
51 And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.

…and I will always be your mother.

The young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged about is now the young man who lives in a university dorm who probably still doesn't want to be blogged about.  We said goodbye only yesterday but I miss him.  It's funny how a mother's heart can bust with pride yet break with pain at the same time.  Today I got a call on how to do laundry, so I guess he yet needs me, and I'm glad, because it is ever so hard for a mom to stand down.  What a comfort it is that God never does.
You Cannot Lose My Love - Sara Groves 


No comments:

Post a Comment