Sunday, September 28, 2014

Skype and The Empty Nest

Isaiah 54:13 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
And great shall be the peace of your children.

Isaiah 54:2 New International Version (NIV)
2 “Enlarge the place of your tent,
    stretch your tent curtains wide,
    do not hold back;
lengthen your cords,
    strengthen your stakes.

I still really love Skype, because I was able to see and talk to the young man who used to live in my house but now lives in a dorm.  It had been too long for my mother's heart but not likely too long for him. I'm thankful he's willing to indulge me as I fling out my apron ties hoping one will yet catch hold.  So I got my Skype fix, and now this empty nest doesn't quite feel as empty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment