Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Work In Progress

1 Thessalonians 5:23 English Standard Version (ESV)
23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 10:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Philippians 2:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Philippians 1:6 English Standard Version (ESV)
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

I've uploaded a song to Youtube today about sanctification, a point of theology that I rarely discuss.  While I want to be like Jesus, I know I'll never perfect my holiness this side of eternity; and on the other side, the perfection will come by grace alone by which I have been saved.  Striving for holiness is something done out of love for God and more than a little fear.  He is, after all, God.  Who am I to deserve such love?  I'll never deserve it nor earn it, but I will accept it with great awe and trembling and deepest gratitude.  

Sanctified (feat. Victoria Williams, Buddy Miller, Julie Miller)


No comments:

Post a Comment