Monday, October 13, 2014

God Has My Back

Psalm 17:5 New International Version (NIV)
5 My steps have held to your paths;
    my feet have not stumbled.

Deuteronomy 31:6 New International Version (NIV)
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Psalm 37:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

At one of the family reunions of my childhood, I teamed up with a girl my age from some branch of my family tree.  She had a horse.  That was cool.  She was fearless, also cool.  She gave rides on her horse, really really cool.   On one trip on the trail to the river, though, she ducked when a branch crossed our path letting it whack me off the back of her horse, not cool, not cool at all.  It was a hard learned lesson, but I learned it.  Stick with people you know will have your back no matter how many pretty ponies they may have.

God has my back.  He always has and always will.  He even has an amazing white horse, the one from the book of Revelation.  You can't get cooler than that.

Today I found myself indulging my not often revealed love for cowboy music, not country music, old time cowboy music, the get-along little doggies type cowboy music.  The Sons of the Pioneers are hard to beat.

Lead Me Gently Home, Father - Sons of the Pioneers

Lead me gently home, Father,
Lead me gently home;
When life’s toils are ended,
And parting days have come,
Sin no more shall tempt me,
Ne’er from Thee I’ll roam,
If Thou’ll only lead me, Father,
Lead me gently home.
Refrain:
Lead me gently home, Father,
Lead me gently home, Father,
Lest I fall upon the wayside,
Lead me gently home.
Lead me gently home, Father,
Lead me gently home;
In life’s darkest hours, Father,
When life’s troubles come,
Keep my feet from wand’ring,
Lest from Thee I roam,
Lest I fall upon the wayside,
Lead me gently home.

No comments:

Post a Comment