Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ready to Go

“In 1903 Horatio Nelson Jackson and driving partner Sewall K. Crocker became the first people to drive an automobile across the United States. Somewhere in Idaho, they obtained a Pit Bull named Bud. The Winton had neither a roof nor windshield, Jackson eventually fitted Bud with a pair of goggles.”

Hebrews 9:28 English Standard Version (ESV)
28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

Mark 13:32 English Standard Version (ESV)
No One Knows That Day or Hour
32 “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Matthew 24:44English Standard Version (ESV)
44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

I enjoyed reading about Horatio and his dog, Bud, because we have a dog who would gladly bear all things, even goggles, if it meant she got a ride in the car. She watches my movements in the day and appears with remarkable foresight the moment I grab my car keys.  Actually she starts circling me when I put my shoes on or a jacket, then comes my purse, then the keys!  She's always ready to go and is disappointed if I tell her "Stay!"  I find myself even saying, as if she understood, "I won't be gone long.  I'll be right back!" 

My Jesus promised to come back for me and I know He will, even if I don't know when.  The current world crises have many wondering if it will be soon and we eagerly look for any sign that may tell us so.  Rather than reading the signs, we would be better occupied with our Father's business, doing what will matter in eternity, and when He says, "Come," we have nothing left to do but come.  
I'm Ready to Go [Live] - Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder

No comments:

Post a Comment