Saturday, November 29, 2014

Of Baby Steps and Push Starts

Proverbs 4:12 Good News Translation (GNT)
12 Nothing will stand in your way if you walk wisely, and you will not stumble when you run.

James 1:2 English Standard Version (ESV)
Testing of Your Faith
2 Count it all joy, my brothers,[a] when you meet trials of various kinds,

Philippians 4:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

I've been thinking about feet , especially my feet.  They hurt, rheumatoid arthritis hurt.  At the same time, I've been mildly impressed by what these painful feet have endured today.  The young man who once lived in our house but now lives in a dorm needs to return to that dorm this weekend.  Unfortunately, his car has not been cooperating.  In fact it is something of a miracle that the car got him here at all.  The car is fixable, but can we fix it in time?  My husband had to work Black Friday, leaving me as the one at home who could help the young man.  So the day found me out on the street with him running and pushing his car so he could push start it.  So, tonight I'm hurting, but impressed enough with myself that I'm wanting to stop and shout, "Did you see me?  Did you ever believe I could do it?"  It has me wondering if God is applauding each step I take in my walk of faith, each time I chose to trust Him, chose to believe that He'll do what He says He will do; because, frankly, my doubts and fears leave me often taking cautious little baby steps.  I need a push start, my clutch popped, so to speak, so I can move on with God; and if God is the only one applauding that is more than enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment