Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Unwounded Yet Wounded

2 Timothy 2:4 English Standard Version (ESV)
4 No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him.

Psalm 144:1English Standard Version (ESV)
My Rock and My Fortress
Of David.
144 Blessed be the Lord, my rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    and my fingers for battle;

2 Timothy 2:3 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

I've been thinking about Veterans Day tomorrow.  It should be more than a day off from work.  My father, a WW2, veteran, who rarely spoke about the war, didn't join any veterans associations or march in any parades.  He came home and life went on; but I think the war marched with him whether he wanted it to or not.  I know he wasn't the only one.  Honor those quiet veterans who fly under the radar by flying quietly beside them with all due respect.  Listen to their hearts if not their stories.  Their scars may not be visible, but there are no unwounded warriors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment