Sunday, January 25, 2015

Living For Jesus

“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.” 

― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
Galatians 2:20 English Standard Version (ESV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

John 3:30 English Standard Version (ESV)
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.”[a]

We need to be instructed to regard others as more important than ourselves because it's not something that comes easily; at least it doesn't to me.  I'd like to get to the place where I think more about what I can do for God than what He can do for me.  I want to experience death to self some time before this body dies; and, when I do arrive in Heaven, I want Jesus to see there's a family resemblance.    

No comments:

Post a Comment