Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Beulah Land Way

Isaiah 62:4 New International Version (NIV)
4 No longer will they call you Deserted,
    or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah,[a]
    and your land Beulah[b];
for the Lord will take delight in you,
    and your land will be married.

Isaiah 62:4 New Living Translation (NLT)
4 Never again will you be called “The Forsaken City”[a]
    or “The Desolate Land.”[b]
Your new name will be “The City of God’s Delight”[c]
    and “The Bride of God,”[d]
for the Lord delights in you
    and will claim you as his bride.

I've been spending more time talking with the elderly on my new job.  It has occurred to me that one blessing of old age for a Christian is having more time to spend contemplating an eternity with Jesus.  It is a sweet and longed for hope.  On the other hand it is nothing but tragic for those who have gained years but not their salvation.  To be so close to Beulah land but not able to enter is truly terrible.  I'm glad that I'm not God.  I'm even more glad that God is just and merciful and can be trusted with each soul that He has created.  As I live this life, while I yet have breath, I must tell others the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  
Sweet Beulah Land [Live]

No comments:

Post a Comment