Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Still Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Psalm 139:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.

Philippians 3:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
Straining Toward the Goal
12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.

Philippians 4:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Joshua 1:9 English Standard Version (ESV)
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”


Jeremiah 29:11 English Standard Version (ESV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


I really like this picture of these Christmas sisters.  I don't know who they are, but they remind me of the joy of having sisters.  It's been a long time, though, since we were that cute.  Sigh.  It's not that easy being old.  Tonight I caught my son's senior dog jumping up and down in our kitchen trying to get at the roast still on the counter.  You could imagine him thinking, "If only I was 10 years younger, that roast would be mine!"  

The "if only's" can sink a soul.  It's not good to spend more time is spent dwelling on what could have been rather than what will be.  I don't believe there are any age limits on the above verses and there are no age limits on God still working in our lives. We are still fearfully and wonderfully made.

Maybe I should give that old dog a bite of the roast...

No comments:

Post a Comment