Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Come Home It's Suppertime

Revelation 19:6-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
The Marriage Supper of the Lamb
6 Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,

“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
    the Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and exult
    and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
    and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself
    with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

9 And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

Maybe it's because I work for old and sick people, maybe it's because I could be called old and sick myself, maybe I just wanted a song with words I can understand from a man called "Gentleman Jim Reeves" on a day when a presidential candidate can be proudly profane, maybe any or all of those things gave me a great desire to upload his song, "Suppertime."   So this is what I did tonight.  I hope you like it.
PS: Thanks Grandma for all the meals at your table on the farm.


The lyrics:
Many years ago in days of childhood
I used to play till evenin' shadows come
Then windin' down that old familiar pathway
I'd hear my mother call at set of sun.

Come home, come home it's suppertime
The shadows lengthen fast
Come home, come home it's suppertime
We're going home at last.

Some of the fondest memories of my childhood
Were woven around suppertime
When my mother used to call
From the backsteps of the old homeplace
Come on home now son it's suppertime.

Ahhhh, but I'd loved to hear that once more
But you know for me time has woven the realization of
The truth that's even more thrilling and that's when
The call come up from the portals of glory
To come home for it's suppertime.

When all Gods children shall gather around the table
of the Lord, Himself and the greatest suppertime of them all.

Come home, come home it's suppertime
The shadows lengthen fast
Come home, come home it's suppertime

We're going home at last...

No comments:

Post a Comment