Wednesday, April 13, 2016

God Is Good

Psalm 34:8 English Standard Version (ESV)
8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
    Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

Psalm 107:1
 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

James 1:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.[a]

Psalm 27:13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
13 [a]I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

Psalm 16:2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
2 [a]I said to the Lord, “You are [b]my Lord;
I have no good besides You.”

I confess I know God is good but I don't always trust He is good.  I confess that I measure His goodness in the absence of pain rather than His presence in suffering.  I confess to seeking good from others rather than God.  I confess a desire for the things of this world rather than the good from God's hand.  
Even so this I still know: God is good, even when I am not; and in that knowledge I find a sweet refuge, a place to receive His grace and experience His mercy. Yes, God is good.

I like the new song from Steven Curtis Chapman, "Hallelujah, You Are Good."

No comments:

Post a Comment