Thursday, July 21, 2016

God Will Carry You

Isaiah 46:4 New English Translation (NET Bible)

4 Even when you are old, I will take care of you,
even when you have gray hair, I will carry you.
I made you and I will support you;
I will carry you and rescue you.

We were at the end of a visit with my mother at her new home in a memory care facility, when she asked us to walk her back to the common room where we had found her.  It may have been simply a relief not to have to concentrate on conversing with us, it may have been that she was trying to be, as she said, "where God wants me to be."  She didn't quite know God's reasons for the trial,  she was undergoing but was determined to be a willing servant.  So she said goodbye to us at the door and walked into the common room with the people who shared her common struggles.  I lingered at outside at a window looking in just to see how she was in her new situation.  Then I realized I was looking at her in the same way I looked at my child after leaving him in preschool.  It was time to let her be the person God has been preparing her to be.  She was in His good hands.  I can't help now but think of the Sara Groves song, "You Cannot Lose My Love."


No comments:

Post a Comment