Sunday, May 28, 2017

Running The Race

1913 Indianapolis 500

2 Timothy 4:7-8 English Standard Version (ESV)

7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

May 30 has been an important date in my husband's, therefore my family's, history, because it's the running of the Indianapolis 500.  It stretches back to his childhood experience of going with his father to watch the race in a Tacoma theater making it a much watch event ever after.  So last night I attended the Saturday church service with my husband and this morning the early service with my son so they could watch the race together.  They don't even know that I got my shower at an early morning hour so the bathroom would be clear for both of them.  Sometimes a mom has to do what a mom has to do.  
Gentlemen, start your engines.

Don't Let the Devil Ride - Julie Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment