Sunday, September 10, 2017

Amen! Thank God!

2 Corinthians 5:17 New International Version (NIV)

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!

Luke 15:7 New International Version (NIV)

7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

I've always enjoyed baptismal services, so when an unexpected one was announced from church this morning, that a hospice patient, a brand new brother in Christ, needed baptizing tonight, I was ready to be a witness.  And it was such a privilege to see this man, a babe in Christ, with the help of his grown sons step into the waters of baptism.   Then as somewhere in the church the piano chords where played, "This is my story, this is my song," he was followed into the water by a precious grandson.  I told my husband afterwards, "I think we were sitting with the angels."  
I like this new song by Matthew West. 
Matthew West - Amen (Lyric Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment