Friday, March 9, 2012

Heir to The Kingdom

There's a new Miss Seattle that I'm afraid will never become a Miss Washington.   After she was found to have "tweeted" she didn't like cold, rainy Seattle and its annoying people she's now furiously backpedaling in order to save her spot on the pumpkin.   I understand.   I've spent my share of time on a pumpkin waiting to become a princess.   I've groaned and complained but still I've waited, such has been my longing for a tiara and glass slippers.   I've afraid my pumpkin will never become a carriage.   Fairy tales are fairy tales.   They don't come true.   Now, I'll move on to what is true.   When I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior I became a handmaiden to a King and an heir to the Kingdom.   My prince, My King, did come for me even though it meant the Cross.   So I'll suffer the rain for the coming glory and try very hard not to complain.



James 2:5 (NIV)
Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?
Romans 8;17 (NIV)
Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Kingdom Come - JJ Heller


No comments:

Post a Comment