Sunday, June 25, 2017

God Gave His Word

A woman in China receiving her copy of the Scripture

John 1:1-2 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.

Because my mother kept it, I still have my first Bible, coverless but with the presentation page intact.  It was given to me on my 11th birthday.  It once had a black zipper cover and my name embossed in gold.  At least I think it did.  Because it seems now like I've always had a Bible my memory may be flawed.  In church this morning, I read from my Bible app on my phone.  I've been blessed.  This photo of the woman in China moves my heart to cherish the Holy Word of God, a most precious gift, the very breath of God. 

The Word - Sara Groves



No comments:

Post a Comment