Monday, March 20, 2017

You Know The Way

John 14:1-4 New English Translation (NET Bible)

Jesus’ Parting Words to His Disciples
14 “Do not let your hearts be distressed. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 There are many dwelling places in my Father’s house. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going away to make ready a place for you. 3 And if I go and make ready a place for you, I will come again and take you to be with me, so that where I am you may be too. 4 And you know the way where I am going.”

Alzheimer's disease is a long journey of loss; and, sadly, those who are taking that journey become unable to articulate it for those of us who aren't.  I watch my mother and wonder how lonely is this terrible path she's walking.  Then I remember Jesus walks beside her and am comforted and pray that she is comforted as well.  Jesus will lead her home and she will know the way.

Grace Will Lead Me Home - David Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment