Sunday, April 23, 2017

He's a Good Dog

Ephesians 1:16 New English Translation (NET Bible)

16 I do not cease to give thanks for you when I remember you in my prayers.

Genesis 31:49 English Standard Version (ESV)

49 and Mizpah,[a] for he said, “The Lord watch between you and me, when we are out of one another's sight.

Our Easter weekend was spent with the young man who used to live at our house but now lives at the university, and it was a lovely Easter.  This Sunday I found myself spending a great deal of couch time time wrapped up in heavy fur collar, my granddog so to speak, seems to be missing his master.  He asked to be let out the door leading outside from my son's room and didn't return.  I searched and found him on the steps to the garage staring at the door as if to will my son to walk through (my son being the one who parks his car in that garage).  I considered crying, but instead scooped him up and carried him to the couch where he snuggled up just as close as he could, hence the fur collar.  We might as well be missing him together, out of sight but never out of mind.  He's a good dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment