Monday, April 10, 2017

Look Forward, Keep Walking

Lot's wife

Ecclesiastes 7:10 New English Translation (NET Bible)

10 Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these days?”
for it is not wise to ask that.

Luke 17:32 English Standard Version (ESV)

32 Remember Lot's wife.

Philippians 1:6 English Standard Version (ESV)

6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3:14 English Standard Version (ESV)

14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 New English Translation (NET Bible)

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is present, there is freedom. 18 And we all, with unveiled faces reflecting the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another, which is from the Lord, who is the Spirit.


Like Lot's wife I can long for the good old days forgetting that those days weren't always good.  Yes, there is suffering that comes simply from living in a fallen world; but there is also suffering that comes from self-inflicted pain, the consequences of my own sins.  I can look back on many "if only's" and "should have's" in my life and long for "do over's" of past regrets, when I should be looking forward to the transforming power of my Lord and Savior.  I've been redeemed, my sins forgiven at the cross!   Look forward, child of the King!
Desire to look more like Jesus and less like the world and always walk with God.

Dear Younger Me - MercyMe


No comments:

Post a Comment