Thursday, May 25, 2017

The Leggings, The Zoo, The Circus




My niece, a lovely woman, is now selling a line of clothing, LuLaroe, that brings a childhood book to mind, Put me in the Zoo by Robert Lopshire, because among other things, they sell patterned, colorful leggings that resemble the creature in the book; and yesterday I was wearing a most colorful pair under a casual spring dress.  Because two of our three cars were down, the young man who lives in a dorm but is now home for summer, offered to pick me up from work for lunch.  Then his car wouldn't start; so forgetting my age and infirmities, and in spite of his cautioning me not to push, I offered to help push start his car.  It worked!  Unfortunately, when I push I don't know how to stop. I lost my balance when his car started and fell forward onto my hands on the parking lot pavement.  A number of questions immediately flashed into my mind before I picked myself up:  Did anyone see that?  (I was in front of the conference room windows.)  Did I hurt myself...permanently?  Did my dress fly up?  Did I tear my leggings?  Again, did my dress fly up?  (I was worried about that one.)
When I told my coworkers, one did wish she had been there to record it on her phone, but two others said in unison, "Well at least you had brightly colored leggings!"
When I told my husband I fell, he asked, "Did you damage your leggings?"  (Fortunately he was just walking out the door, and when he came back in he was full of concern and had an apology on his lips; so he does still live here.)
Such is the power of leggings.
I truly believe that leggings are not pants and that they don't really feel like butter, but what great leggings was that pair! No, I didn't rip, tear or damage them and they laundered beautifully, still as bright as ever.  So put me in the zoo or the circus because I do plan to wear them again!

I know this is a stretch, but I may have found a nearly appropriate Bible verse.
Exodus 28:42 English Standard Version (ESV)

42 You shall make for them linen undergarments to cover their naked flesh. They shall reach from the hips to the thighs;

Put Me In The Zoo - Animated Children's Book


No comments:

Post a Comment