Saturday, July 29, 2017

A Renewed Strength

John 15:16 New English Translation (NET Bible)

16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that remains, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.

Proverbs 3:5-6 New English Translation (NET Bible)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding.
6 Acknowledge him in all your ways,
and he will make your paths straight.

Isaiah 40:31 New English Translation (NET Bible)

31 But those who wait for the Lord’s help find renewed strength;
they rise up as if they had eagles’ wings,
they run without growing weary,
they walk without getting tired.

I can tell my creeping age when a common point of discussions is, "What hurts more, a hip replacement or a knee replacement?"  (Although I'm pretty sure right now it has to be a knee replacement.)  Just because I'm no longer a young warrior, doesn't mean I'm not still a warrior.  Physical therapy is tough!  It hurts!    And I've come to realize that physical therapy, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia don't play well together.  So I pray for strength to carry on.   I've got miles to go and pounds to lose before I'm done.
This song by Unspoken is speaking to me now.
Lift My Life Up (Acoustic ) - Unspoken 

No comments:

Post a Comment