Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Free Indeed

Hurricane Harvey - 08-25-2017 - "While some dishonor and desecrate her, APPD Ofc. Jack McCarty will stop at nothing to honor and save her." - Aransas Pass Police Department Texas

John 8:36 New International Version (NIV)
36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Hebrews 13:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

This past weekend I was putting together a Youtube video and found this image of a police officer saving our flag during Hurricane Harvey.  Since NFL football and our president had most of the country thinking about our flag, this picture made me pause.  I don't have any issue with those who take a knee instead of standing during the playing of the National Anthem, since the flag represents our right to do either; and if one cares enough to stand or kneel, such passion demonstrates patriotism and freedom.  As for me, I will stand; I will always stand for my country.  As for me, I will also kneel; but I will always, only kneel for my God.  True freedom comes through Christ alone.

Eye of the Storm (feat. Gabe Real) - Ryan Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment