Monday, January 8, 2018

Our Christ: Our Delight and Our Joy

The young man who was living in our house then at college but doesn't want to be blogged about has graduated and is about to start down a new path in his life, one that takes him further away from his family; and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I do know I love him fiercely and deeply but God loves him even more.  I'm good with that!  I found myself in a car with him today trying to cram in as much wisdom and family history that was coming to mind, while he was still tied to my apron string.  He's learned much and will experience much, facing joys and sorrows still unknown, and yet in all this has never been and will never be apart from God's love.  So, yes, remember what it says in Romans 8: 38-39 and lean into and onto the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

No One Can Steal Our Joy - Tenth Avenue North
Dad,
I wish you could see him now, maybe you can from Heaven, you'd be so proud of him.   Are you and Grandma and Grandpa getting to say, "Look at him!  He's ours!"?  I hope so.  Thank you for our heritage of faith in Jesus Christ.  We'll see you when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment