Sunday, August 28, 2016

About The Father's Business

Luke 2:48-49 New King James Version (NKJV)

48 So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”

49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”

My, but Jesus knew how to answer a question with another question, teaching as He did so what really mattered.  His purpose was to do His Father's business, and such is our purpose, and our children's purposes also.  It can be hard to let a child go, but Mary did. I find myself thankful tonight for my mother who brought me to my Savior.  The night she gathered her children around her dining room table and explained why Jesus died for our sins, she may not have known so; but she did it for me, because before I fell asleep I had done business with my Lord.  So, thanks, Mom, for giving me to the One who loved my soul.   

Earlier today I uploaded Christa Well's song for mothers and children, "Oh, Your Love."  
Oh, Your Love 

I know that you knew 
You raised us to leave you 
Raised us to run with a torch in our hands 
I know that you knew 
What your love would do 
You sent us out sailors with the wind at our backs 

I know that you gave 
Without keeping record 
Except to be certain you had nothing left 
I know that you gave 
Til it hurt though you never 
Admitted anything but the joy and gladness 

Ooh, your love always carried us 

I know that you followed us 
Late in the darkness 
Pulled up the blankets, covered us in prayer 
I know that you followed 
Our paths to independence 
With a great deal of patience and a little bit of fear 

But ooh, your love always carried us 

I know that you see us 
The way we were back then 
You can’t let go, you can’t really let us go 
But I hope that you see how 
You took those little children 
To the light that leads us all to our true home 

Oh, your love always carries us 
Oh, your love will always carry us
credits
released November 19, 2012 
Co-written & Produced by Wade Baynham in Durham, NC. 


No comments:

Post a Comment