Thursday, October 13, 2016

Norman, Take Me Back

A Boy And His Dog by Norman Rockwell

Ecclesiastes 7:10 New English Translation (NET Bible)

10 Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these days?”
for it is not wise to ask that.

Romans 8:18 English Standard Version (ESV)
Future Glory
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

James 1:2-4 English Standard Version (ESV)
Testing of Your Faith
2 Count it all joy, my brothers,[a] when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Isaiah 41:10 English Standard Version (ESV)
10 fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

In these troubled times, I find myself longing for the"Good Old Days," even though I know those days weren't necessarily good.  Sigh.  I want the world to look like a Norman Rockwell painting, but it can't be.  Reality is tough, but the God of this reality is tougher.  Is your world shaking?  Stand on God's firm foundation. 
Still, It's probably okay to enjoy an occasional Norman Rockwell break especially at bedtime.

How Firm A Foundation - Michael Card 



No comments:

Post a Comment