Saturday, October 1, 2016

Sweet To the Soul

Philippians 2:2 English Standard Version (ESV)

2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

Proverbs 16:24 New English Translation (NET Bible)

24 Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

I know this is totally dangerous, and I should be thankful I survived my childhood; but sleeping in the back window of a car is one of the sweetest memories of my childhood, especially on a night time drive.  Drifting off to sleep, surrounded by family, hearing the voices of those you love while watching the moon chase the car all the way home, can it be any better?  
Sigh...Is this why it's so easy for me to fall asleep in church? 

No comments:

Post a Comment