Monday, December 19, 2016

A Merry Little Christmas

Christmas Eve Battle of the Bulge, 99th Infantry Division
Isaiah 25:8 English Standard Version (ESV)

8     He will swallow up death forever;
and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces,
    and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth,
    for the Lord has spoken.

I found myself wishing today that I had gotten the story of my father's Christmas during the Battle of the Bulge; and out of that desire came today's upload, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" as sung by Brett Eldredge.
I'm not likely to know now that he's gone home to Jesus and may never know, because Heaven is perfect for this lovely man who rarely talked about his wartime experiences.  Why talk of war when all war is no more?  

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Brett Eldredge 

No comments:

Post a Comment