Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Hill That Matters

2 Corinthians 5:21 New English Translation (NET Bible)

21 God made the one who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that in him we would become the righteousness of God.

I have hills I'm willing to die on, especially when it comes to making people who I think should, could but won't conform to my ideals.  Then in anger I sin, even knowing that this sin is why God sent His son, why Jesus died, why my soul was  redeemed.  My God knew I couldn't purity myself, so He sent his Son to purify me.  I couldn't deserve it; I couldn't earn it; I couldn't expect it, this grace, mercy and life that was extended to me.  Forgiveness.  It was on that hill that my Savior died, the only hill that should matter to me. 
   
Downhere Performing "How Many Kings"


No comments:

Post a Comment