Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Good, Better, Best Love

My mother was having a fairly good Alzheimer's day during our last visit.  She remembered some things that surprised me and even came up with a memory I had never heard from her before, the pastor who officiated at my parents' wedding and how she called him to her mother's home that night to marry them.  "Tonight?" he asked with some incredulity.  "Yes, tonight." she answered.  And so they were married.
She has loved and been loved throughout her lifetime; but the one who has loved her best and always will is Jesus.  It's why I uploaded a new Ellie Holcomb song, "You Love Me Best," after that visit, as I thought to the day she'll be the bride running to meet her Bridegroom.  

You Love Me Best - Ellie Holcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment