Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Keep On Speaking

Acts 18:9-10 New English Translation (NET Bible)

9 The Lord said to Paul by a vision in the night, “Do not be afraid, but speak and do not be silent, 10 because I am with you, and no one will assault you to harm you, because I have many people in this city.”

I wouldn't make a claim to personal courage, especially when it comes to telling others about Jesus.  Fear rules over faith when I concern myself with rejection and loss: loss of status, loss of work, loss of friendship, and, sadly, loss of pride.  It's not admirable when pride keeps me from sharing the gospel, where I cling to social acceptance more than I cling to the cross.  I do like knowing that even Paul received needed encouragement from the Lord to not be afraid. 
Help me Lord to speak and to keep on speaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment