Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Loved Just As We Are

John 13:34 English Standard Version (ESV)
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

1 John 4:19-21 English Standard Version (ESV)
19 We love because he first loved us. 20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot[a] love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Matthew 22:39 English Standard Version (ESV)
39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

I've been contemplating my need to love others as they are and without an expectation of change, to love through the eyes of Jesus, even those who seem to be truer strangers and aliens in this world then I am myself.   Jesus who touched the leper is the same Jesus who touched my heart and made me whole.      If Jesus didn't love me just as I am then where would I be?

Just As I Am, Eden's Bridge 


No comments:

Post a Comment