Friday, March 20, 2015

Old Wives Tell Tales

I Timothy 4:7 New International Version
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.

Zechariah 8:16 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace;

I realized earlier today that I was probably telling an old wives' tale.  Well, I guess I am an old wife with tales to tell and there may be some truth to them...maybe...but are they helpful?   Although I do know for sure that if I roll my eyes too many times that they won't get stuck in the back of my head, but, if, at the same time, it helped me not to roll my eyes in disrespect, then it has some value.  Now we old wives good have a whole new avenue for our tales, internet blogs.  Are we using them for godliness?   Old wives strive for the truth that brings peace.  Also aspirin and tender sympathy goes a long ways too.

No comments:

Post a Comment