Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Today I've Been Considering Stars...

Good Night by Kira Yustak

Psalm 8:3-4 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him?

Isaiah 40:26 English Standard Version (ESV)
26 Lift up your eyes on high and see:
    who created these?
He who brings out their host by number,
    calling them all by name,
by the greatness of his might,
    and because he is strong in power
    not one is missing.

Job 11:7 New International Version (NIV)
7 “Can you fathom the mysteries of God?
    Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?

...and the mysteries of God.  Tomorrow morning the young man who now lives in the dorm but has been home for Spring Break will be returning to the university.  In his studies he has learned things that I can hardly fathom.  Today I watched as he explained to a young boy why bubbles float and answered other questions that he had.  If his brain is able to contain such knowledge how much more does the God who created him know?  I expect an eternity will not be long enough for me to understand the mysteries of God but I'm looking forward to trying.   




No comments:

Post a Comment