Thursday, May 12, 2016

When Culture Invades the Bathroom

Genesis 1:27 English Standard Version (ESV)

27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.

Genesis 3:22-23 New Living Translation (NLT)
22 Then the Lord God said, “Look, the human beings[a] have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!” 23 So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.

The transgender debate over bathrooms became personal for me last night.  I went with my family to the theater to watch a movie and found it heavily attended by an unexpected crowd, transgender men dressed as women.  They were there for a special showing of a documentary movie about their lives and issues, while we were there to watch the Avengers movie.  Between the pop I drank and the length of the movie I found myself needing a bathroom, but I didn't want to use it.  I just wasn't ready to go with the flow of this cultural battle and doubt that I ever will be.  I'm not that brave and not even all that comfortable sharing a bathroom with anyone, let alone stylish turned out men.  So I held it.  
The great consequences of the fall require a great Savior.

Crimson - Nichole Nordeman  




No comments:

Post a Comment