Thursday, September 15, 2016

Behold The Man

“Ecce Homo”, - Behold the Man. 1660-66, Mateo Cerezo.

John 19:5 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 So Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. Pilate said to them, “Behold the man!”

Matthew 27:29 English Standard Version (ESV)
29 and twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on his head and put a reed in his right hand. And kneeling before him, they mocked him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!”

Hebrews 4:15 English Standard Version (ESV)
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Romans 8:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

It is truly amazing what Jesus went through in order to bring me into His kingdom and truly shocking how easy it is for me to wander from such a love.  I rebel from sharing in His suffering, but still expect to share in his glory.  Sigh.  I can be such a lightweight Christian.  
I like the new Crowder song, "Back To the Garden," so much that I wanted to do my own upload of it. I need to embrace whatever directs me back to my identity in Christ.

Back To the Garden - Crowder


No comments:

Post a Comment