Sunday, September 4, 2016

How Can You Say No?

John 3:9-15 New English Translation (NET Bible)

9 Nicodemus replied, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you don’t understand these things? 11 I tell you the solemn truth, we speak about what we know and testify about what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony. 12 If I have told you people about earthly things and you don’t believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven—the Son of Man. 14 Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.”

Idiom: As plain as the nose on your face

I would have liked to have been on that rooftop with Nicodemus and Jesus.  Perhaps I would then learn how to explain the simple truth of the gospel to even the learned.  Perhaps I would understand it better myself; because when I wonder how people can say no to Jesus, I say no to Him myself every time I sin.  How would I live without His forgiveness?  How does anyone?  
Say yes to Jesus.

How Could You Say No - Julie Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment